At DigitalCoast Marketing, located in Charleston, South Carolina, we know the importance of adding video content to your website. It has been proven that websites with videos perform better than those with static content. In addition, videos are recognized, valuable SEO tools. In this article, we will explain why website videos are preferred by more people.
Videos are more interesting and fun. It’s like comparing the experience of watching a movie and reading the reviews. Videos allow site visitors to actually see what you have to offer.
Many websites also use videos to make their site more interactive, thus, helping to draw significant attention and interest. Your website videos can introduce a new product or service, and ask visitors to share opinions about what they saw. This will generate some buzz about that particular product or service.
Why is Video Marketing So Valuable?
In addition to the countless hours that people spend watching videos each day, video marketing can also help to drive brand growth and a solid marketing ROI. Here are just a few of the findings from recent video studies, courtesy of ReelSEO and HubSpot.
- YouTube reaches more 18-49 year-olds than any broadcast or cable TV network.
- YouTube does all this with just mobile traffic!
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to purchase a product online.
- Conversions may increase by as much as 80% with a video on a landing page.
- Visitors spend 88% more time on a website that includes video.
Dr. James McQuivey calculated frames per second and length of the video to find that the value of a 1-minute video is worth 1.8 million words.
Videos are more engaging compared to static content. This is why people prefer to watch videos rather than read write-ups. They find videos easier to relate to. They like watching more than simply reading something.
If your site’s content is engaging, it can sustain the interest of your visitors. Since videos are a more popular way of sharing information, they will add more spice to your website and many will be enticed to see what you have to offer.
Videos make your visitors stay longer on your site, thus reducing your bounce rate. This means the majority of the people who visit your site actually browse through your content and pages. The more time a visitor stays on one page, the better value your site gets.
How to Make Videos Work to Your Website’s Advantage
Increasing your website’s rank is the main purpose of search engine optimization (SEO). But with videos attracting a significant number of visitors to stay longer in your site, SEO won’t be a problem anymore. It is, however, important to make sure that the videos you create and post have a lasting engaging effect on your visitors. It is important to keep your visitors interested in every video that you place on your website.
Here are some things you should keep in mind if you want your videos to boost your site’s traffic:
- Every time you post a video, be sure that it is accompanied by a keyword rich label.
- Let your audience know what the video is about. Use relevant keywords in describing your videos.
- In some cases, especially when the video is for explaining certain product or service uses, it is imperative for you to transcribe what is being said. As always, be mindful of your keyword use.
- Find a proper way of linking your video posts to your website’s other pages. Avoid using generic phrases like “click this link” or “click here”. Be more creative in order to entice visitors. Use something more descriptive like “Whiten your skin in 3 easy steps!” or “Enrich your life now!”.
- Use relevant keywords when you name your video.
- Do not forget to submit all the videos you post to your site map. This is important if you want search engines like Google to easily find your pages.
- For the purpose of reaching a wider audience, do not hesitate to share your site’s videos to video sharing and social networking websites such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Videos work because they can show visitors what your site is really all about. They don’t just tell; they show. Visitors can get an inside look at what they can get out of their visit. With more people going to and staying on your site, your online presence improves and your ranking increases. And that is what good SEO is all about!